logo

Will not login

eoCMS refuses to let me login. Now, I was chatting with confuser for a long while, who apparently was unable to solve the problem. I now have more info on the problem.

System:
Localhost, XAMPP
Ubuntu 9.04
Opera 10.00

This login problem seems to be Opera-specific. Firefox allows me to login happily. Upon login, opera will just redirect me to the homepage, never showing any admin link, nothing.

The cookie exists, and the ID matches that in the DB, meaning something is quite odd...

Edit:
Oh, and I'm not sure what version of eoCMS eoCMS.com uses, but I'm logging in through opera just fine. Is it localhost specific? No idea. The cookie is set just fine, other things (ex: phpmyadmin) can use cookies on localhost just fine..
Last Edit: 9th October, 2009, 03:04:59 PM by Daz
eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer
tbarkass_willamson@hotmail.com
Re: Will not login

eoCMS.com does not actually use any publically available version per se, it uses the latest SVN version (usually, unless there's something wrong with it).

With regards to your login problem, I had it ages ago and assumed it had gone away. Might be a bit of a conundrum for confuser.

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Open index.php
Find
Code:
require_once 'framework.php';

After add
Code:
print_r($_COOKIE);

If it does not output anything, then it means Opera is not sending the cookie to the site :S
If it does, copy and paste it here please

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for

Open index.php
Find
Code:
require_once 'framework.php';

After add
Code:
print_r($_COOKIE);

If it does not output anything, then it means Opera is not sending the cookie to the site :S
If it does, copy and paste it here please

Opera's output:
Array ( [SMFCookie956] => a:4:{i:0;i:1;i:1;s:40:"88a355bd2c02944d4fec8f8bce244af9d96808cd";i:2;i:1442949883;i:3;i:0;} [PHPSESSID] => vdpgsqa94sk69oi4ntg4a34u53 )

Firefox's output:
Array ( [eocms] => a4ba39068366e67d70a23fe949845922 [PHPSESSID] => fvb7aqla2fn9sqviu7t1cia704 )
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

The problem could be that in Opera, the cookie data is not overwritten, maybe it needs to be deleted first and then created? I will install Opera and see what happens on my localhost which also uses XAMPP.

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

I just tested the latest version of 0.9 using Opera 10 on Xampp running windows 7 and the login works fine

I posted a workaround here: http://eocms.com/forum/loginout-and-new-password-bug-moved-from-themebugs.936.html

There are several issues, But light ones. Easy to fix. One is a simple filename typo. Cool
Last Edit: 27th February, 2010, 01:14:09 PM by Pethol

There is no such things as "bugs"! It is just space reserved for new features...

Jump to:

0.05 seconds Queries: 13