logo

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer
Private Beta

Looking for people to test the latest version. Please note there are still bugs and it is not recommended for a live site. If your interested PM me or post here!

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Re: Private Beta

Sign me up for this.  ^^

Arwym's Domain  ||  SBM: A PHP Bookmarks Script (coming soon)
eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer
tbarkass_willamson@hotmail.com

I will test it on eCMS.110mb.com obviously.

Seen a bug? Report it!
Admin
Admin
netattackrp@yahoo.come.g.games@hotmail.com

As always I will be testing in my place of zen and peace, http://egidesign.net/

Oh, and Confuser, I had to create a new admin account, couldn't login to the new one. Odd.

...WTF?!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Ok Non-Admins/Devs only, Devs etc have access to the latest version anyway.

Arwym PMd you with link to download

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

I'll have a look ASAP (I have just figured an easy way to integrate language, I will see what you have changed)

I have completed the db stuff but I have not had the time to test it

Quote:
confuser: if you want to see what I have done so far, upto INSERT, PM me, I will try and put it up somewhere

I have continued to bash out Norwegian as the "other" language, once confuser has OK'd the integration, it needs to be checked for grammar

New languages can be added just by copying the en folder and changing its name. I joined Google translations, phpmailer (the files in language), for a list of 28, and use Babel to translate the Norwegian (and any others google cant do)

I will also get confuser to add a language option to the profile, so that, like a theme, the board has a default language, and the user can  choose there own

Anyway, I will need to see what need to be changed in the new version, so I can get ALL english and ONE other language working, that way the files can be added into the new source without causing an interruption to development time, and then the actual code changes can be "hot swapped" per page

PS I found some spelling errors too

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

You made a language system? Surprised Sweet Grin If  you send me the database stuff i could test it for you Wink

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I've found, in my personal experience, that the best way to add language support is to keep all the text/messages/keywords used in the program stored in string variables as part of an array (or series of arrays), inside a single file (or series of files inside a folder) for each language.  Just like SMF, and other applications I have tried, do.  You probably know what I mean.

It also makes personalization a lot easier, if the user wants to change some of the text displayed to users.  I tend to do that.

Not sure if that's the type of system you're talking about.

Anyway, I'm going to install this now and see if that goes smoothly.  While looking at the source code in the SVN (I was thinking about just updating the files in my old installation), I noticed that the structure changed A LOT in this new version.  Many files were removed or changed.  The code looks a little more compact now, which is nice.  I remember that both MySQL and SQLite had their functions in a separate folder, respectively.  I always thought that was unnecessary.  And although I tend to keep all my functions in a single file, I think I can see the advantage of having each one in a separate file.  Probably easier to debug.

Well, going now.

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Ok I now have enough people for the beta!

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Error when install.php loaded.  Sad

Quote:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/arwym/www/eoCMS/functions/class.phpmailer.php on line 45

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

thats strange will look now :S

Cant see anything wrong :S

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Neither can I.  I suspect it could be the server's configuration?  The server where I tried to install it is not the usual one.  Taking a look now.

Edit: Well... No idea.  And I think SQLite is not supported.  Additionally, magic quotes are set to 'on'.  >.>  Well, I am not really sure about what I'm looking for here.

Edit again: Version is PHP4.  And SQLite not supported in this server.  Know what?  I'll try installing it on my usual place and hope that it works.  Something tells me it will.  I was just experimenting.  XD

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

you could install it with MySQL..

OK, confuser has access to the preview of the db & language stuff, and I have just about integrated it into the new version with the [i][killerText/i] theme

I will try to continue adding language for the rest of the layouts, as I have to maintain the Norwegian version as a working alternate

After that it can be "hell for leather" adding new languages as anyone sees fit (I will endeavour to find someone to verify that the Norwegian is accurate). Anyone who can do one of the following (or can take the time to use Babel, url in the files) may PM me for the required files:
ar - Arabic
br - Brazilian
ca - Catalan
zh-CN - Simplified Chinese
zh-TW - Traditional Chinese
cz - Czech
de - Deutscher
dk - Danish
nl - Dutch
es - Español
et - Estonian
fi - Finnish
fo - Faroese
fr - Français
gr - Greek
hu - Hungarian
it - Italiano
ja - Japanese
ko - Korean
no - Norwegian (done, needs to be verified)
pl - Polish
pt - Português
ro - Romanian
ru - Russian
se - Swedish
tr - Türkçe

I will try and finish the english version tonight

Paul

eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer
tbarkass_willamson@hotmail.com

I can do french (so long as there is no french jokes) but somone will have to explain to me how to do it.

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

I have only completed the first 5 pages (from the layout folder), and no admin pages yet. That and the installer, and the db default text.

When I have finished them (give me a day or 2), I will supply and EN folder in a zip, that then needs to be either renamed or copied to FR (in your case).

Then its just a matter of going through each entry in each file in the FR folder, replacing the english with the appropriate phrase, word, or meaning in french

What I will try to do (because it does not yet affect the source code), is try and get the completed EN & NO folders up on the SVN, which in theory will make it fairly easy to get the EN folder

NOTE: this is time consuming, it took me some ungodly amount of time just to C&P the Norwegian for the Installer (120 odd lines), but this is HUGE compaired to the other files, which have only around 3-5 lines on average

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

you could install it with MySQL..

Obviously?

But the server where I was going to install it doesn't offer me any database information, nor a control panel to access these settings and other utilities such as PHPMyAdmin.  And to be honest, I better just ignore it, because I'm not interested in using a PHP version that is below 5.  Especially considering that PHP6 is already on its way, having PHP4 in actuality is pretty stupid, and I dare say, irresponsible from their part.  I'll write an e-mail.  But then again, I suspect they didn't intend us to know we could use PHP and MySQL in their server, in the first place.  (It's a hosting service especifically created for Palace Chat server owners.)
I already discarded the idea of installing it there, so no biggie.

May I ask how the language system that you're implementing is going to work?

Also, I can do the Spanish one.

confuser, can you send me a copy. (my server has mysql, shouldn't have any problems)
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

May I ask how the language system that you're implementing is going to work?

Also, I can do the Spanish one.

cool, I've almost done the lot (EN), and will be uplading it to SVN asap

the Language System is relatively simple, I just took the idea from the phpmailer language, added a en (and an no) folder to language in the root (of eocms), and use exactly the same page name for each page required, each of which contains an array, named in CAPS the same as the page name, ie $SENDPM_LANG["title"]

The names in the array are (lowercase) according to where or how they fit into the code (or page), ie $SENDPM_LANG["theme_title"], $SENDPM_LANG["error_die"], $SENDPM_LANG["to"], $SENDPM_LANG["btn_send"], $SENDPM_LANG["pm_summary"], etc

I implemented a (small) naming convention to help reading the language array file:
t_ for a title tag
l_ for a label tag
h_ for help text
btn_ for buttons
o_ for an dropdown options
js_ for any JS text

mostly tho they are just _ seperated, condensed forms of what is to be replaced

NOTE: the other reason for using an array is that it can be passed to a function that can do bulk pass on text (as I have done with the new installer)

I have tried to make it as simple and self explanitary as possible, but I have don a text doc for it too. to do a new language, all you do is copy the EN folder to the appropriate (es) folder, then go through each file and change the corresponding english (which is where the naming convention helps with context)

The include code will default to EN if array (or page) does not exist. It is also functional for plugins, with each plugin now having a language folder, laid out the same as above (all of which corresponds to the contents of the Layout folder)

As soon as possible I will get the language files up on the SVN, and then the code itself can be "integrated" (so much has changed since the private-beta from what I can gather)

i will test it (I dont know if its already released)
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

smooch1502 please read the topics before posting
Ok I now have enough people for the beta!

Jump to:

0.04 seconds Queries: 13