logo

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer
Re: Post Count Bug

add a error_reporting(E_ERR) (not E_ALL)

They are just warnings, not actual errors (same for notices)

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

BTW, as I am going through the pages one by one, I am cleaning up ALL error reporting, including Notice: and Warning: output. There will be NO php function output except where an install of PHP explicitly "breaks" something (like fsocket etc), and even then, there should be built in failure checks

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

As for the initial problem here, I think (I may have already said this) that there should be an option when the board is deleted, whether to allow the post count to remain, or be adjusted.

From what I know of the db, it may be because the forum_posts entries are NOT deleted when the Board IS deleted. Again, it should be up to the admin according to the reason for the delete

Apart from that (and if every body is happy with the above 2 posts) I would say this is closed (TGPEG may want to add the "option" thing to the suggestions page tho)

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

The post number for a user is static, when they post or make a topic, that number is incremented, minus when deleting post/topic. The problem is that the user's post count each need to be decremented. I suggested before running deletetopic within a foreach, I do not believe this is suitable as it updates the board count as well which is really not necessary. The delete topic function itself is very complicated and took me a long time to get working. Thinking about it now, it will be quite database intensive to do this, as we need to get the number of posts EACH user has made within that board, and then run a query to minus that number, it will use a lot and when I mean a lot, I mean possibly over a hundred queries depending on how many users there are :S

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for
eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer
tbarkass_willamson@hotmail.com

Well... deleting a board isn't going to be something people are doing every day, is it?

You could just make a warning that says 'this may take some time and may be server intensive'.

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Well... deleting a board isn't going to be something people are doing every day, is it?

You could just make a warning that says 'this may take some time and may be server intensive'.

PHP execute default time limit is around 15 seconds I think and if the database has a poor connection, it might just time out, unless the time doesnt include the waiting PHP does for the queries?  :S

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for

Jump to:

0.04 seconds Queries: 13