logo

eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer
haz_pwnd_u@yahoo.com
Post Count Bug

Okay, on the Admin panel when you delete boards, and those boards contain posts that users post count remains the same. While the posts are deleted the post count on them is saved.  Making you have extra posts Tongue
eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer
tbarkass_willamson@hotmail.com
Re: Post Count Bug

Could this be solved by deleting all the topics on the board first automatically? (and then deleting the board)

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer
banancanardbanancanard@live.com

I think if a user made the post, he made the post weather you delete it or not, he still made it.  It is kind of like if you buy a hamburger and eat it.  You still had the hamburger, even though its not there any more.

"Control yourself. Take only what you need from it"
http://mrrsm.com
eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer
haz_pwnd_u@yahoo.com

I think if a user made the post, he made the post weather you delete it or not, he still made it.  It is kind of like if you buy a hamburger and eat it.  You still had the hamburger, even though its not there any more.

Lol.. Good point. First Socrates, then Plato, then Aristotle, now... Banancanard. :grin:
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer
banancanardbanancanard@live.com

Lol.. Good point. First Socrates, then Plato, then Aristotle, now... Banancanard. :grin:

I always like philosophy.  If only I could get paid huge amounts of money for it and not have to do anything else with my life. Tongue

"Control yourself. Take only what you need from it"
http://mrrsm.com
eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer
haz_pwnd_u@yahoo.com

I always like philosophy.  If only I could get paid huge amounts of money for it and not have to do anything else with my life. Tongue

If only.. if only.. sadly, you need to get a job like the rest of us. :tongue:
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

True but many people would rather that the users post went down as well, maybe I should make it as an option when you delete a board? Easiest way would be to get the IDs of all the topics in that board then use the delete_topic function in a while, not sure if thats a bit over the top though...

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

option yes, as there may be "other" reasons for deleting a thread, that should NOT affect post count...

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

this should be closed yes? or does a post recalc option need to be added first..

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Still needs to be fixed Tongue

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for
eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer

Ok. I'm going to start looking at clearing a few of these bugs with some motivational speeches...
"Some men are born leaders, some of them become leaders through the toil of hard labour..."

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

hehe.. yes.. we really need to do a week of bug fixes only..

I do a "warnings & notices" fix every time I do an install, that helps, but there is a lot of new code again, and that is extremely buggy (for me anyway, its mostly broken).. and now I cant do theme fixes...

The new stuff is easier to fix if the rest has been done..

eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer

A bug fix week would be a good idea. What we could also do with is another dedicated bug hunt like we had a few months ago... maybe some volunteers from 110mb?

http://tom.eocms.com/objects/bughunt.jpg
That guy can be our mascot Tongue
Last Edit: 1st June, 2009, 08:03:08 PM by TGPEG

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

not at the moment.. there are too many changes happening atm

but yeah, most definitely, and not too far way either, but the stuff that still needs to be done is time consuming, andtherefore slow and "boring" (my body gets RSI just from thinking about it)

The bug week, I meant basically me and confuser doing bug/theme only fixes, and say you doing theme issues (but I wanted to try this 3-in-1 thing 1st, because the theme code has changed again)

eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer

Paul I'll need to get the hang of all the changes you've made to the theme system already for which we'll probably need to talk on msn (when I get a minute)

Also if Jake or I start doing bugfixes on themes I really am going to need SVN access (even if only temporarily) because it happened last weeke when I fixed the shadow under the energyblue navbar and someone overwrote it on the server because it wasn't changed in the SVN. :S

I have the morninng off tomorrow so I'll try and organise a list of things I can fix easily then.

Hopefully Jake and I can get Alpha Blue honed at some point over the next few weeks (when the code stops jumping around) It's looking in pretty good shape as it is (http://tom.eocms.com/index.php) but we need to update my subdomain with the latest SVN version (when it's settled) to consolidate what we've got done already.

I think my mods theme is drawing to a close... although bits of it are going to have to change if it's going to be shipped with eoCMS as standard (I only designed it with in-house use in mind) For which I've done a left footer image that's free of the 'mods' artwork.

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

most of the changes I want to do to themes, have not been done yet, and, atm, I figure it would tak about a week to consolidate the current themes, but I would want it to also do the (grey) mods theme, and AB, out of the box (one layout that rules them all..)

I really liked the mods theme on my monitor, but it does look different on other machines. if it were to be included, it would just be the css and theme images, unless there are new admin menu icons too, and bbcode button

btw, half the "thin-down" actually moving the MarkItUp stuff out, and there is a way to recombine css + js into one out, dynamically or statically (for a site theme).

most of the issues are small, but there are a few of them, and your right about the themes, they at least need to be "settled" for fixes to be practicle...

I'll have a look at the themes tonight or over the next few days, maybe I'l just do the whirlpool to get an idea of its worth. The other "bonus" of the single layout, is that ALL of the current attributes would be moved out of the "Layouts" folder into the theme (there are minor settings all over the place)..

eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer

I really liked the mods theme on my monitor, but it does look different on other machines. if it were to be included, it would just be the css and theme images, unless there are new admin menu icons too, and bbcode button

To be honest that's most of the changes that were made anyway, apart from a few changes to the theme-functions (which won't exist anymore anyway). I might think about doing some BBCode button changes but the admin changes will say the same.

There's some visual tweaks I want to make as well, but I can't actually do I wat the moment, maainly because mods.eocms.com is covered in error messages to the tune of:
Code:
Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in /home/garbages/public_html/eocms.com/functions/visiblecheck.php on line 9

Can someone get rid of those so I can keep working on it? It's not of my doing... Tongue

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Um would help if you state which page that is one Tongue

eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer

All of them.

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Im not seeing any errors at all

Jump to:

0.06 seconds Queries: 13