logo

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer
banancanardbanancanard@live.com
Nightlies

Nightlies are now posted in the downloads section.  These should only be used for development purposes and not for a production site as they are not supported 100%.

"Control yourself. Take only what you need from it"
http://mrrsm.com
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer
Re: Nightlies

awesome Grin

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for
james.patten@hotmail.co.uk

what does it do ?
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

A nightly takes the current state of the svn and downloads it and creates a tar.gz of it and makes it the current download for the nightly on the svn page. I am doing two nightlies:
1st)  I am making a nightly of the 0.9 branch.  This way any updates that are added to the svn are availiable at 12:00am EST (-5:00) everyday. Even though we may not support that build untill it makes it to the 0.9 stable release.

2nd) I am making a nightly of the trunk.  That is the current development of eoCMS.  It may not work 100% and should only be used for development purposes as it is not an official release.

Currently it creates a tar.gz of the file.  If I see that these are being used I may also create zip files as well as tar.gz files.

If you are running windows I suggest using 7-zip to extract the tar.gz files (I know there are others) because I have tested that program on 32 and 64 bit windows 7, vista, and xp and I know it works.

These nightlies are purely for convenience and may not always be correct as an automated script I wrote is doing the work.  The best way to get the source is to directly checkout the svn.

na i have a mac so i use UnRarX to unzip the files but were abouts do you place them on the server does it have to go in to a folder or can it just go anywhere on the server ? Smile
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

well with mac you can always just use the command line to un tar.gz it
"tar xvfz <filename>"

But either way, you put them in any folder you want.  They are mostly for development therefore you should not use them on a production server but only for development purposes.  You can use the files just like a normal build of eoCMS. 

Again, I reiterate these files should ONLY be used for DEVELOPMENT purposes.

ok fair enuf Smile well there isnt much point me having them atm then because not developing anything for the site Smile  thanks anyway

Jump to:

0.06 seconds Queries: 13