logo

Login/out and "new password" bug [Browser bug]

At first I couldn't login as admin. Then I decided to have my password send to me and the page went nuts writing the following lines:

I looked through the files in /Language/en/ and foung that the actual file was named "ForgetPassword.php" instead of "ForgotPassword.php"

So, I renamed the file on the server and now that page works.

When then having my new password send I get this message:

Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /customers/acrin.net/acrin.net/httpd.www/functions/class.phpmailer.php on line 471

I got the new password mail. But still could not login. My user name is "Admin" not "admin". I noticed that the capital "A" changed to "a" on its own and if it is case-sensitive that would be a problem. So I walked all the way to PhPMyAdmin and changed the "A" to an "a" in the user table... Then walked all the way back to the site and refreshed, tried with "admin" and the new password and VOILA! It worked!....

It's still a bug though. I just worked my way around it. But I can't guarantee that others will be able or willing to do the same Smile

Either it should not be case sensitive or the user should not be able to write capital letters or it should not change capital letter to lower case when logging in.

Cheers!
Last Edit: 27th February, 2010, 04:54:33 PM by confuser

There is no such things as "bugs"! It is just space reserved for new features...
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer
Re: Login/out and "new password" bug - ("moved") from ThemeBugs

Filename has already been fixed Smile
Suppressed errors from phpmailer class
I tested the case sensitivity, and it is case sensitive, it wont allow you to login if the case is incorrect so im not sure why you are getting this problem

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for

I tried downloading eocMS again and went through the files. I didn't find the filename bug. Maybe something happened on the previous download I did.

Anyway good that it is resolved. I'll try fool around with the uppercase user names to see if it is some feature my browser is doing or whatever else.

There is no such things as "bugs"! It is just space reserved for new features...

Ok I tried the username thing in IE and it didn't change the upper case letter to lower case. So it is a firefox thing. I haven't figured out why firefox is doing it though. Strangeness... But I'll look into it. It annoys me.

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Ah i know why, if you have a saved username/password in firefox, they arent case sensitive so if I type in CONfUSer it changes it to confuser when I go to the password input

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for

Yes - I just found out too. You were faster though. I deleted the passwords I had for the site and disabled the function. Great stuff. Thanks for help.

Jump to:

0.04 seconds Queries: 13