logo

eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer
tbarkass_willamson@hotmail.com
Re: 0.8.2 New Major Features List

That seems fair enough. Just so long as the capability to integrate said editing system via a plugin was still there in the theme system.

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Ok, been speaking with banancanard, we will go a head with the theme-info.php containing theme name, author, site, email and version. Now the theme-functions.php will be changed, the theme functions will be modular using a function theme() which will work exactly the same as call()
Last Edit: 26th May, 2009, 06:23:38 PM by confuser

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for
eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer

A good idea would be the classification of themes by their genre or type (eg Christmas themes, floral , technology, professional etc) somewhere in the theme-functions.

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Why inside the theme itself? Surely that would go inside the themes database

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer
banancanardbanancanard@live.com

I agree with confuser.  What would be the point of labeling that in the local copy for the site?

"Control yourself. Take only what you need from it"
http://mrrsm.com
eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer

Hmmm... Now I come to think of it there isn't one really... Other than that If a site had many themes available for it's users then themes can be filtered by the information in the theme-functions (such as genre, colours, acessibility options like high contrast and large fonts and whatever)

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Nearly done the theme system, you can install themes, overwrite all users themes, state who can pick what theme.

Still got to edit who can pick what theme, change the Edit Looks page to comply with the new system. Also still need to create a theme_settings as well, so you can exclude for example left panels on the default theme but not the egi theme

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Theme system done

eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer

Um... the pagination or something is not working on this topic.

And good!

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Yes I know, fixed it but let me know of any more bugs including Admin side as this update was HUGE lol, it took me an hour just to update the site and fix the bugs

james.patten@hotmail.co.uk

how close is it to the release date Grin
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Well the bbcode api still needs doing, and the language system is not fully integrated yet, not long now hopefully

eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer

We haven't translated it yet (or at least not into any other languages apart from Norweigan). Tongue
Last Edit: 29th May, 2009, 02:53:15 PM by TGPEG

Seen a bug? Report it!
james.patten@hotmail.co.uk

oh btw the last post link to this on the homepage doesnt work and hopefully it will be soon Grin
Last Edit: 29th May, 2009, 03:27:53 PM by James
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

yeah, there is still quite a bit of work to be done yet, but languages are ready to begin conversion, I have 50% Norwegian done and about English is about 85%-95% done

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Also we are changing this version to 0.9.0 due to the fact the code base has changed considerably compared to 0.8.1

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

So, how much left before 0.9.0 is out?  Any estimates?  And, what's left to do?  Is the list in this post up to date?

Arwym's Domain  ||  SBM: A PHP Bookmarks Script (coming soon)
eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer

Well unless someone has completed the Admin Guide while I was away, there's still that to do as well as some technical stuff from confuser's angle (I presume).

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer
Re: 0.9.0 New Major Features List

Still need to finish integrating the Language system.
The new theme is nearly complete, once that is finished I will update this site.
Still need to finish my new ajax installer, need to add support for add/remove columns in the alter_sql function.
Once thats done, I will make the updater and then I will open 0.9.0 to closed beta to look for bugs. Also need to add TOS setting in the database as well as SEO Friendly links

Whilst people look for bugs in the beta, im hoping TGPEG will re-do Energy Blue with the new classes/CSS that has been added. Also hoping Jake can re-do the EGI theme
Last Edit: 31st August, 2009, 07:24:10 PM by confuser

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Re: 0.9.0 New Major Features List

That sounds good.  Smile

Question: will the installer be fully dependable on Ajax?  Or, will it still work with JavaScript disabled?

Arwym's Domain  ||  SBM: A PHP Bookmarks Script (coming soon)

Jump to:

0.74 seconds Queries: 14