eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer
Re: 0.8.2 New Major Features List

screeny please..

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Quote:
the Re-Write Theme system has got underway, by simply extending the css to more class and id tags.

That's all?  Have you considered taking a second look at the custom theme functions?  Also, the way in which you implemented the columns.  Just asking, as maybe I misunderstood something.

Arwym's Domain  ||  SBM: A PHP Bookmarks Script (coming soon)
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

umm columns? panel columns, or form columns?

"underway" - so it started with class and id,  confuser did some wizardry yesterday with the new admin page, and "some other stuff", and those will eventually be reflected in the profile choices.

The CSS stuff is going through a makeover, and I will be eliminating a lot of current settings, but adding a LOT more. The MarkItUp & coulor chooser stuff will be move, as that goes with the new BBCODE, although it will still allow for custom styles, there will be some "default" bbcode stuff present in the final CSS

I will be going through each skin to bring it upto date, and the new "system" should allow for replacement CSS only (instead of new folder, images, theme_functions, etc). This is the definition of a "skin for a theme", well, hopefully

:)

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

UPDATE:

as of rev 200, eoCMS now has "working" language support, just need to add the actual replacements to the current pages (404 and Admin/Articles are done)

The new "multi-database installer" is working with the current sql functions, without problems, just have to test the other db support I already done, and replace the current functions (this may take a while, as its not a priority atm)

The BBCODE is done, just waiting on the API, and FULL integration. The editor of choice will be choosable in the profile section, according to admin site settings (of allowable editors). This way something like TinyMCE can be used (if you choose), which will also give both BBCODE and HTML WYSIWYG editing..

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I love it that there is support for so many different database systems.  You'll be gaining many more users thanks to that.  Flat-file, I'd love it if there was support for it, because that's very convenient.  But I have patience.  Smile

umm columns? panel columns, or form columns?

"underway" - so it started with class and id,  confuser did some wizardry yesterday with the new admin page, and "some other stuff", and those will eventually be reflected in the profile choices.

The CSS stuff is going through a makeover, and I will be eliminating a lot of current settings, but adding a LOT more. The MarkItUp & coulor chooser stuff will be move, as that goes with the new BBCODE, although it will still allow for custom styles, there will be some "default" bbcode stuff present in the final CSS

I will be going through each skin to bring it upto date, and the new "system" should allow for replacement CSS only (instead of new folder, images, theme_functions, etc). This is the definition of a "skin for a theme", well, hopefully

:)

That sounds good to me.  Smile

And by columns I mean layout columns.  What you'd call panel columns, yes, since that's what they're being used for.  The implementation method wasn't the best.  It was a pain to modify and it could have been done with some simple CSS (floats, etc.) and only divs.  By using the simpler method I mention, it is easier to make fluid designs (which make the websites more accessible to visitors browsing from smaller devices, like PSP's, touch phones, etc.).  Just my two cents.

Thanks for the clarification!
Last Edit: 18th May, 2009, 02:24:29 AM by Arwym

Arwym's Domain  ||  SBM: A PHP Bookmarks Script (coming soon)
james.patten@hotmail.co.uk

i cant wait for 0.8.2 too come out it looks really good Grin well done to u all Smile does anyone know when it will be released to everyone or as a beta test and if it is released as a test would i be able to test it please Smile:D
eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer
tbarkass_willamson@hotmail.com

No idea. On what Arywm said, I'm getting an iPod Touch (WOOT! Tongue) next weekend so I intend to do some testing to check if the site works OK. From the Apple shop I went to, everything seems to work correctly Smile

Seen a bug? Report it!

lol ok well if u need anythin testing i will test it Grin
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

lol thanks, it will be nearly ready once everything on this list is done. Once thats done, paul and i can make the updater and the code clean up can be the main focus

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for

oh i was mening to ask this you know the updater how does it work do you just copy over the files or does it do a instlation on it :S
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Copy over the files, then you run the updater to update the database

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for

ahh ok i get it now because i saw it in the last release and i did not know how to use it Grin
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Well if you read the readme.txt file it said how to update Tongue

lol i should have thought about that before Tongue
eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer

That's because I tried to do it in school on 800x600 resolution with every administrative tool under the sun getting in the way. It's easier at home when you can upload/run stuff without being administrated by Darth RM.

Seen a bug? Report it!

haha darth rm Tongue haha what did u try to do at school ?
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Board Permissions done! Grin

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

started the theme system, its going to be similar to how you create a plugin, probably with theme-info.php file containing name and maybe some other stuff, not sure yet

EDIT: Need to discuss with the other devs about the best way for the system to handle themes
Last Edit: 24th May, 2009, 01:44:54 PM by confuser

eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer

Will that include he theme editor JAmes suggested a few days ago (and someone else).?

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer
banancanardbanancanard@live.com

I highly doubt it, as it is not in our best interest to add that feature yet, as a core part of the cms at least.  As we said in the other thread, it will probably be a plugin and therefore not included as a default.

"Control yourself. Take only what you need from it"
http://mrrsm.com

Jump to:

0.05 seconds Queries: 13