logo

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer
0.9.0 New Major Features List

This is a list of all the major features to be added for the next release. It is also displays our progress so check back often :smile:
  • Cache system
  • Feeds API
  • Search API
  • BBCode API
  • Forum Categories
  • Board Permissions
  • Admin Panel re-design
  • Custom moderator options
  • Language System - integration has begun
  • More database supports - done but not integrated
  • Outbox
  • Re-Write theme system

Green = done
Orange = working on it
Red = Not started
Blue = Unsure if will be added this version or next
Last Edit: 5th September, 2009, 05:04:54 PM by confuser

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer
Re: 0.8.2 New Major Features List

language & db support: see rev 100-109 post in developers forum, should not be a problem to integrate before release..

NOTE: this release will be great, as then I can do my TC theme.. (I need a solid, unchanging, base for it to be useful to others)

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Search API done

Please do not PM me requesting support or anything, use the forums, thats what they are here for
eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer
tbarkass_willamson@hotmail.com

Good. You know the 'Custom Moderator Optios', what exactly were you thinking of? Like a Moderator Macro or something?

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Just a simple area in the admin panel where you name the moderator option, say if you want it to sticky etc. Also add an option in permissions to allow moderators to make there own, and also what boards to show them in

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sounds great so far.  Grin  I'm looking forward to it, absolutely.

I'd like to suggest three things for future releases:

A revision of the theme and template system, and of the existing templates.  Keeping code logic apart from appearance as much as possible. Using 100% CSS-driven templates, so that we can easily edit everything from the stylesheet.  I've found this to be a big problem for me with this CMS.

A more organized code, with indentation and comments, having third-party developers in mind.

Sub-boards for the forum feature, maybe?  Grin  Categories are a great advancement, though!  I'm glad it's coming so soon.  (I forgot this has been suggested already.  Smile)

I'm still not going to use eoCMS for real website production.  I want to wait some more, until the CMS is more stable, and the theme/template system has improved.

Thanks for the hard work!
Last Edit: 7th May, 2009, 10:02:46 PM by Arwym

Arwym's Domain  ||  SBM: A PHP Bookmarks Script (coming soon)
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

I have already begun making it 100% CSS driven. From what Jake has been telling me all of the set colours within the layouts are now removed and set as classes. I have also started commenting my code yes lol.

eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer

Thank God. I was growing tired of using Chrome's examine feature to determine which parts of the css referred to which.

Seen a bug? Report it!
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hehe!  That's great news, really!  Thank you so much.

sweet, i can start making themes easier then, and confuser, you know how bad i am with php,html,css.
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

haha yea, well if u want me to code them i dont mind Tongue

that reminds me, confuser you should see my vb.net game that im doing as my final. it's pretty sex

y.
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Hehe!  That's great news, really!  Thank you so much.

Well no specific colours are specified within the layouts, they have been moved to classes. I am now working on assigning the table/rows classes as well.

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Added outbox

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Great!  By the way, where it says "more database support", do you mean there'll be support for more database systems?  Like maybe flat-file?  That'd be awesome.

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

Well Paul is adding MSSQL and others I believe. Flat-file, well that would be quite tricky, as some how the system would need to recognise queries and it would be a bit of a security risk unless stored in .php file

List of added supports:
Sqlite3
mssql
paradox - nothing in that folder so not 100% if being added, wait for paulwratt to confirm
postgre74
postgre81

These can be found in the functions/database. They are not yet integrated
Last Edit: 10th May, 2009, 06:47:45 PM by confuser

eoCMS Designer
eoCMS Designer

Wow. That's quite a lot. I'm impressed.

Seen a bug? Report it!
eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

flat file could be done to, as the db system is just like it was in pre-0.8.0, drop in a folder to functions/database, but ther would need to be a solid flat file, and as such requires some testing, I will look into it later, after I have ironed out what is already there

There is also a other Postgre version to be done, there are 3 because the different versions handle auto-increment inserts differently, the last one will be of use for future versions as they have already changed the system (2 times now) which as of the current version, eliminates the problem..

The SQLite3 is acutally an object, but its is also designed to worke with (duh) SQLite3 Smile and so I would imagine that future installs of PHP and SQLite will use ver 3 too (eventually they will drop the SQLite function set, or maybe just generic-ize it more)

The MS SQL stuff works with MS SQL Server (Personal & Express), and on linux with TDS

The paradox folder is ther becuse I started looking into it, it appears to be another file based system, as do some of the others, but (from memory) PHP needs to be compiled with most of the other db function sets, which I have not started to play with yet (compiling PHP)

Unfortunately (not from lack of trying) the Postgre and MS SQL stuff has not been tested. I do have them installed, but its been a time thing

The biggest reason for adding these db formats, because MS servers usually have (or access to) SQL Server, and Postgre is an open source version of Ingre (also to be added)

I have used Oracle before too, but this requires a partition (or 2) for its own db system, so that will be a while in coming too.

Mostly I added the db support, because 0.7.0 made it easy to do so, and I knew there would be a use for MS SQL

with the current SVN, you will be able to use the "installer.php" in the root, but (until the functions are updated) there is no "db creation", even tho the correct function names are there, they are still the MySQL+SQLite ones, so I do not know what will happen when they run..

NOTE: the installer, says SIBLING, this is opposed to CHILD, and at the moment are just words, but SIBLING is just another way of saying "multiple bbs on one eoCMS install", where CHILD is to use the user db from the (selected) previous (SIBLING) install..

heh, that seems about as clear as mud..

Paul

eoCMS Developer
eoCMS Developer

an update here..

the Re-Write Theme system has got underway, by simply extending the css to more class and id tags.

The db system just needs testing with the current svn.

The language "enablers" need to be finalized before more of this will go ahead, but english would work if the changes were added now..

The changes to Admin menu will culminate in the end of 0.8.2 version development, and mean a powerful and flexible Theme AND Skin system, extended INTO the admin menu, allowing for a "control center", not just a menu. with the possibility of Admin Plugins & Widgets

well, hopefully, a stable one that can reliable be TC'ed anyways..

(TC = Total Conversion, and refers to functionality, not just looks, of eoCMS)

Suggestions

i would like to suggest a moderator panel like in phpbb3

Jump to:

0.05 seconds Queries: 13